Wednesday 14 October 2015

One-Click upgrade to Acropolis 4.5.

I am very excited about the release of Acropolis 4.5. It has some great features I am eager to test, one of them being Azure Cloud Connect. When I was about to upgrade I noticed that the new NOS version did not appear in the list of available upgrades.



I did notice that NCC 2.1.1 was available to upgrade which was released at the same time.
Assuming it was an issue with PRISM I did restart the PRISM service
  • $ allssh genesis stop prism
  • $ cluster start
This did not fix the issue. I also noticed the same problem on another cluster and in my PRISM Central install. Time to check with the knowledgeable SRE at Nutanix :-)

I was told that the One-Click Upgrade for 4.5 is not available. Apparently this is because of the many new features introduced and they would like the customer to be fully aware of these new features before upgrading. Until it is available you can do a manual upgrade. Just upload the binary and metadata file. PRISM Central can be manually upgraded with the same binary/metadata file that you use for upgrading your clusters.



No comments:

Post a Comment